Arcgis pro 2.5: Arcgis pro fails to Publish a Geoprocessing service end with staging failed?

03-28-2020 03:29 PM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Arcgis pro fails to Publish a Geoprocessing service end with staging failed?

I am trying to publish the extract data task tool using arcgis pro, and I couldn’t figure out why it fails to Publish a Geoprocessing service end with staging failed, I followed the steps below:

1. 1. I run the extract data task and completed successfully
  2. 2. The Arcgis server connection is set to administration connection.
  3. 3. No errors or warnings are found when analyzed.

Please note that I followed the same steps using arcmap 10.7.1, and all worked fine, what might be the issue here?

20 Replies
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

I tired it and end with the same erroe.!!! 

MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

I noticed the "Extract Data Task" screenshots also show a "Raster Format" parameter, and set to "ESRI GRID". ESRI GRID is an old format, and could be finicky with file paths, especially things like spaces or special characters, that you should avoid. Is the "Raster Format" parameter actually used in your case? If so, maybe trying to switch to another raster data format might help.

Secondly, I see in one of the screenshots, just before the other "Failed" messages, a "Consolidation Failed" message. I see some other messages about e.g. lack of disk space on the drive where consolidation of data takes place, or the consolidation process not being able to find the data involved, in this older thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/56303 

The link above also in one of the posts there, points to a setting that is also in ArcGIS Pro (Go to Options/Share and Download in Pro), where you can set where to "consolidate" the data before publishing. Maybe trying to set this folder to another drive (it defaults to your user profile which may be resource limited in your organization), and using a shorter path, may help.

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you for your reply, the "Raster Format" parameter actually used in your case.

I do not think that the issue is related to the consolidate, since I tried to publish the tool without clicking the analyze option with no error, but when trying to add this tool to the WAB it does not work, do you have any idea?, but when try to publishing it using arcmap and adding them to WAB it works fine,  it seems that their is a specific settings at the level of arcpro...

abdullahqasrawi
Occasional Contributor

I did the following and the tool published with me,

run the tool then close it after the processing end, then publish the geoprocessing tool while the data that processed by the tool still exist in the table of content.

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

I do the same and unfortunate, it didn't solve my issue!

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

I noticed that the Arc pro will publish the tool if I didn't click the analyze option without any error, but when trying to add this tool to the WAB it does not work, do you have the same behavior?

abdullahqasrawi
Occasional Contributor

No,Its working with me in WAB

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Is this cloud or on-premises WAB, Abdullah?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
abdullahqasrawi
Occasional Contributor

on-premises WAB

LefterisKoumis1
New Contributor II

It it working for me as well.  I always use the developer version (on premises) WAB.

I am using a standalone ArcGIS server where I publish the geo services.