ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0 Crushes when I try to import a map layout into an open project or export a layout from the previous version

Jump to solution
11-15-2021 01:09 AM
MosesIranya_Otes
New Contributor

Hello. On upgrading to the new ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0, I noticed that the program crushes when ever I try to import an existing map layout file (.pagx) from the previous version into a project. When the file is opened directly from the file browser by double clicking, ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0 will run it without any issues and a new project is created. However, the program will crush when ever I try to export my completed map from this specific map layout. It won't crush if a new layout is created in this version though.

Is there any solution out there for this problem?

Thank you 

Moses

16 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

All, 

The bug number for this issue is BUG-000144582.

Tom

RebeccaAdamson
New Contributor II

Same happening with an existing layout.  Except when I double-click on the layout and open a new instance of PRO, that works fine.  If there are existing layouts in a project, I cannot export them to an image, they don't crash when I open them in the project though. I found that if I create a new layout, I can copy all the layout elements to the new template and export it without problems. I have saved out the layout file and tried exporting it again.  I have only used layouts that were created before upgrading to 2.9.

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Interesting, thanks. I'll have to try that. I also found layouts that didn't have any null text were starting to crash the program as well, and give a different error.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

All, 

Currently, we are only aware of a crash on export when the layout contains a empty (null) text element. This issue is in out bug tracking system as BUG-000144582. We have a fix for this and are looking to have it available with the 2.9.1.

If you believe that the issue you are running into is different - PLEASE contact support. They are MUCH better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. It is extremely difficult to fix bugs that we cannot reproduce and, while good information can be found in these forums, and the feedback is very welcome - even when it is negative - this is not a substitute for our bug tracking system.

Support can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

If you have contacted support and a new bug has been entered into the system - a BIG THANK YOU. If you can please include the bug number so others can reference it.

Thanks,

Tom

GeorgeBrown1
New Contributor III
Do we have an ETA for 2.9.1 as we have decided to hold the entire agency back from upgrading to 2.9.0.
Thanks.

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi George, 

The plan is to have 2.9.1 available in mid January 2022. 

Tom

GeorgeBrown1
New Contributor III

Thanks Tom.

0 Kudos