ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1: The “add error layers” option is grayed out despite the fact that the validation attribute field is configured,

09-09-2022 10:55 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1: The “add error layers” option is grayed out despite the fact that the validation attribute field is configured,

As per the screenshots below, I couldn’t figure out why the “add error layers” option is grayed out despite the fact that the validation attribute field is configured

What might be the issue here?

Clip_36.jpgClip_37.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

I encountered the same issue on ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 after creating a new attribute rule in FGDB. I got the menu enabled after restarting ArcGIS Pro. It seems it does not recognize the addition of attribute rules until I restart.

After that I tried this on Enterprise GDB by creating a new attribute rule there, and I also encountered the same issue. However, this time restarting ArcGIS Pro did not help. 

Masao Matsuoka
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Hope esri experts can offer help on this

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

I faced similar issue recently, these are the steps that I followed to add the error layers to the map.

* ensure you are accessing the database through branch version connection
* ensure your datasets are version enabled
* manually add the datasets and the error layers into Pro map
* publish feature service and ensure "Validation" capability is enabled
* from Pro catalog, browse to Portal, then to the published feature service, and add only the sub layer that has attribute rules to a new map
* from the Pro map contents panel, right click the sub layer, choose "Add Error Layers"

now you can validate the rules against feature service from the "Error Inspector" panel..
thanks to @SamPienaar 
Regards
Ihab
CaseyRayPeterson
New Contributor II

I was having issues with this but I figured out today that once you add an error layer to your project, it is always in your geodatabase unless you specifically delete it from there. Just removing it from the content pane does not delete it. 

Also, an error layer works for all feature classes in the project, you don't need to add one for each feature class. So if you add error layer for feature x but then delete those attribute rules and now want to create attribute rules for feature y, you can just leave the same error layer in your map and as long as you are saving your edits it will update the error layer with feature y's errors. 

I don't know if that is your issue or not but I would wager you had added an error layer already and probably just removed it from your contents pane. Since it already exists in your geodatabase, you don't need to (in fact can't) add another one. You just need to find the error layer in your geodatabase and re-add it to your map. 

qnadeem
New Contributor II

Today I encountered the same issue. the solution is as;

after defining the attribute rules on the feature class in your database you need to execute the "Evaluate Rule" geoprocessing tool. then the Add Error layer will be activated.