Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.2 - pointer position error on layout graphics / editing features

Jump to solution
02-27-2024 09:44 AM
Labels (1)
Dana_FSC
New Contributor III

I'm having a very odd issue. When using ArcGIS Pro 3.2 (latest build with patches installed), my pointer position is offset on the screen from where it should be. Example: I have a graphical element like a rectangle that I want to resize. I attempt to click the node and resize the box - but pointer is offset from where it should be on the screen so I have to hover the pointer in space adjacent to the actual rectangle shape node and essentially guess where to click to resize/move/reshape anything. This includes nodes on features that I'm trying to edit. The pointer is fine when it comes to clicking buttons in the AGP GUI or any of the menu items. 

Things I've tried that didn't work:

I reinstalled the entire program. 

I'm using AGP on Windows 11 running on a MacBook M1 with Parallels - so tried messing with display settings (scale, resolution).

I also disconnected the external monitors and used only the MacBook display. 

I disconnected the Bluetooth mouse and used only the touchpad. 

Basically, this issue makes it so I can't edit features with any precision and can't edit layouts efficiently - essentially, AGP is useless for like 50% of the tasks I use it for. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dana_FSC
New Contributor III

Update: Basically this is a Parallels / mouse settings issue that just appeared due to...something. Not sure what - maybe a Parallels update or a Windows 11 update - it's unclear. When I changed my Parallels mouse control settings to 'Optimize for games' the issue goes away. That setting locks the cursor to the Windows window but it's easy enough to release to other windows/screens - but annoying. Anyway if others have this issue, this solved it for me. It's annoying but solveable. 

Looks like I'll be looking into getting a separate computer to run Windows for Arc due to issues like this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexanderDanielPratama
Esri Contributor

I'd like to clarify first, have this issue raise when you use ArcGIS Pro in VM (Parallel) since you are using Macbook?

I have an experience this my client before, they use a Macbook. That time was ArcMap, it had similar problem like yours because the VM in Macbook that has Windows installation has a problem with the GUI scale and some are offset pointing. I believe this is the core problem when using macbook for arcgis. I am not sure what kind of error, probably unsupported libraries and a different chip architecture and base chip command causing this strange behavior.  

0 Kudos
Dana_FSC
New Contributor III

Update: Basically this is a Parallels / mouse settings issue that just appeared due to...something. Not sure what - maybe a Parallels update or a Windows 11 update - it's unclear. When I changed my Parallels mouse control settings to 'Optimize for games' the issue goes away. That setting locks the cursor to the Windows window but it's easy enough to release to other windows/screens - but annoying. Anyway if others have this issue, this solved it for me. It's annoying but solveable. 

Looks like I'll be looking into getting a separate computer to run Windows for Arc due to issues like this. 

0 Kudos