ArcGIS Pro 3.2 Text Box Problems

12-22-2023 02:44 PM
Labels (1)
DavidMajor
New Contributor II

Having troubles with text boxes in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 layouts. Pro seems to be treating them differently than in 3.1. Moving them causes them to relocate to some random spot, resizing is inconistent, and moving a callout moves the whole thing somewhere random. I tried doing the same thing on the same project in 3.1 and it behaves as expected. 

3.2: doesn't seem to recognize the object properly. 

2023-12-22 2-36-31 PM.png

3.1: behaving as expected.

2023-12-22 2-36-04 PM.png

9 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's odd! There were changes made to fix text bugs in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 that may result in some changes in text for specific fonts, but this seems like something different. I recommend reaching out to tech support as they have the expertise to troubleshoot issues like this. If there is a bug in the software they can get it to the appropriate team to resolve.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

This is no doubt a bug. I experienced this issue along with another before reverting to 3.1.X due to not being able to complete daily workflows. Never talked to Tech Support about this specific issue because it does not exist in 3.1.X.

KFAgis1
New Contributor II

Glad this has been reported by others, I have as well. This is a 3.2.1 issue with something that has been stable for as long as I can recall.. .ArcMap 8.??, Earlier?. . and through every version of Pro to date. PLEASE FIX!

TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

We have the same issue with callout boxes in layouts in 3.2.1.  ESRI, please fix!! 

AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I think you may be running into this bug https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-callout-leader-line-of-a-graphic-layer-moves-to-a-r-bug-00016.... It mentions graphics layers, but it sounds like layout text is involved as well. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
StephanieClarke2
New Contributor II

Hi Aubri,

I'm experiencing this issue as well and it's hugely impactful. Can this be bumped up to a patch? It's going to be difficult to wait until Pro 3.3 comes out in May 2024.

Thank you,

Stephanie

jtheaton
New Contributor

I am using 3.2.2 and the problem is still present.

The work-around is when the graphic object is selected, within the Graphics ribbon, select Edit Vertices, lasso around the object so all vertices are selected, hover the mouse cursor over one of the selected vertices, click and drag the graphic object to the desired location.

Way too many steps for such a simple task but it beats the alternative method - Drag and Hope.

KevinGrootendorst1
New Contributor II

I'm having the exact same issue.  Pro Version 3.2.2.  It was NOT fixed in the latest patch.

RobertWagner3
New Contributor II

Hey ESRI....is anyone looking into this!?!?!  its definitely an issue that NEEDS addressing!!