ArcGIS Pro: How to create a map book with time series

12-17-2020 11:45 PM
Labels (2)
Pai-FengV
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

Previously, I plan on making the raster-based into animation based on monthly value (May 2002-Jan 2016), and I found out that it will work better if I would like to create a map series/book based on the temporal data.

I looked up the instruction and they said that I have to use the bookmark to create this map series.

However, is it possible for me to import all the monthly data to the bookmark? I am not sure if I have to manually create 149 bookmarks. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is also Create a spatial map series—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Then there is the ability to code either type if you are adept at python.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Pai-FengV
New Contributor II

no, this is not working. The data I have to create time series was rasters and spatial map series does NOT work in this case. 

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are familiar with Python you could try an arcpy.mp sample that is available.  At Pro 2.8 we hope to expand our API to include time capabilities but in the meantime you can modify time using the CIM.  The caveat is time must already be set up on the map and layer.  You can use a script to change the time window before exporting each page in the series.

The sample can be found here: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8772f61319584882bb697ba003030636

The specific script is called Temporal Map Series.

Jeff - arcpy.mp and Layout Teams

0 Kudos