ArcGIS Pro licensing limitation with hosted feature layer (AGOL)

11-28-2016 03:54 AM
TzurVaza1
New Contributor

I figured that I can't do some work on Feature Layer (Hosted on AGOL) with ArcGIS Pro (version 1.3.1), for example it is not possible to 'add new field' with the Basic licensing level (With Standard or Advanced licensing level it works fine).

I want to know if there are any limitation for ArcGIS Pro with different licensing level (Basic, Standard or Advanced) regarding editing schemas of ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers?

Are there any guidelines or comparison table about what is possible and what is not in any licensing level (on hosted data)?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I agree the licensing levels for ArcGIS Pro aren't well documented, especially the interface between ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro functionality.  Although this doesn't directly answer your question, and misses some tools newly created for Pro, the licensing of tools and functionality in ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) applies to ArcGIS Pro:  ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Desktop: ArcMap Functionality Matrix

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I agree with Joshua, not much specific functionality matrix for Pro yet....some of that might be because not everything is ported over to Pro from Desktop yet, but I would guess if a Basic/advanced is needed in Desktop, it will be in Pro too.

For any particular tool, you can always find this info on the bottom of the topics help page

Some additional resources re: various ways to license (i.e. allocate):

Licensing ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

More Licensing Options for ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Blog 

and a wiki page that I hadn't looked at before, but I found interesting..

Field Guide to Esri Licensing - GIS Wiki | The GIS Encyclopedia 

JayJohnson2
Occasional Contributor

I would suggest reading the release notes:

Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 1.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

I went to look up an error message and ran across a list of them, they may give you some insight into what is not yet possible in ArcGIS Pro.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/message-services-of-this-type-cannot-be-edited.htm

Data type messages

Workflow messages

JayJohnson2
Occasional Contributor
AniketD
New Contributor II

We can also check this similar thread: ArcGIS Pro Functionality Matrix - Esri Community

0 Kudos