ArcGIS Pro not creating thumbnails

02-15-2024 07:15 PM
Labels (1)
NeilFordyce
New Contributor III

Hello Pro users, I am re-organising 150GB of ArcGIS compatible file based data with ArcGIS PRO and ArcCatalog 10.8 (indispensable).

I set up indexing for each data type using the ArcGIS PRO indexing and include options for creating thumbnails set to "once".

None of my projects ever show that thumbnails generation has started.

PRO has been my staple product for 4+ years but it is yet to create a thumbnail for data for me.

Currently I am restricted to using a tool I have written in C# to batch create thumbnails in ArcCatalog.

Indexing datasets in pro is pointless where duplication exists and one cannot see a thumbnail.

Four images attached. One showing the thumbnail embedded in ArcCatalog Metadata, same showing in ArcGIS Pro Catalog view metadata, ArcCatalog thumbnails and the ArcGIS Pro index results not showing the thumbnails.

I can see the thumbnails in popups but not in the raw search results.. surely I am not expected to run my cursor over 100's of results to see what they are.

Thanks in advance

Neil

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reggie6
New Contributor

Nice, I just didn't want to fill up my extensions with stuff like this when I could just make a boost through Arc where I just use CSS, to blur the thumbnails in like 3 lines of code https://vshare.onl/  .

0 Kudos