Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Paste Special Popup Off Screen Windows 11 Cannot Move

03-18-2024 07:12 PM
ExtraMapper
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Pro (up to date) & Windows 11 (also up to date). The Paste Special pop up is stuck off screen and I cannot  move it. Since the pop up is in Pro and isn't a window none of the window fixes I tried worked. I messed around with the display resolution.... no luck, no matter what resolution I tried it was still off screen. I tried using Alt+Space+M and that didn't work because a search box kept opening. I spent 3 separate nights working with 2 separate Esri service people who helped me delete and re-install pro... that didn't work.  I think they gave up on me bc they were going to look into it some more and contact me, but that was almost 2 weeks ago. I spoke to 5 different IT people and they seem to think it is an Esri problem because it is only the Pro having the problem and it is only the one pop up (all others are working fine). Seems like a silly problem to have I know....I am out of ideas and patience and would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank in advance for your help!

PS I have included a snapshot below...Hope you can see my little pop up box stuck in the upper right corner.

ExtraMapper_0-1710814159258.png

3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@ExtraMapper With Pro closed, try renaming the user.config file stored here :

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\ArcGISPro_StrongName_somelongrandomstring\3.x\user.config

My suggestion would be to change it to user.config.old and retry opening Pro and testing again.

More info: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/faq-what-are-the-user-config-files-for-in-arcmap-and-a...

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Not sure in Pro, but with similar off the screen popups, I have resolved this by changing the resolution of the monitor.  If I can set it to a larger resolution, then I can move the to the middle of the screen, and set the resolution back.

If I am maxed (which I normally am), I set the resolution down a bit, and when it resizes the screen, ALL the windows, etc. are moved back onto the screen,  Then just reset the resolution to what i want.

This will, however, re-arrange all your desktop item.

Hope this helps,

R_

0 Kudos
TXFJ60
by
New Contributor II

I've been experiencing the same thing lately. The paste special pop-up (and several other Pro pop-ups) pull up on a separate screen and sometimes too off screen to pull it back over. With other pop-ups I can usually re-size it enough to bring it back over, but the paste special pop-up can't be re-sized.

ESRI, please fix this.

0 Kudos