ArcGIS Pro Project Templates requiring credentials for each layer from an Oracle database

11-15-2023 01:40 PM
Labels (1)
LaurencePerry
New Contributor II

I'm generating an ArcGIS Pro (Version 3.1.3) Project template with many layers preloaded from an Oracle database. When I use the template, everything works as expected. I'm prompted for my credentials once and only once when loading the template. However, my colleagues when using the template are prompted to enter their credentials for each layer, which quickly becomes untenable.

I'm hoping to figure out how I can generate a template which prompts users for credentials only once.

I've tried not entering my credentials, intentionally breaking the layer sources and then creating a project template from there. However, ArcGIS will not let you package a template with broken sources.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jsorenson
New Contributor

I find similar problematic behavior with Pro Project Templates (.aptx) files at Pro 3.1. I want to make a Pro project that requires user logins for each layer which are coming from 2 different EGBDs. I add the layers using connection files that don't store login credentials. When opening this Pro Project, it works as expected. However, if I make a Project Template and open that, it cycles through endless login windows when others try to open it. However, if I try to open it using the original credentials that were used when the layers were added, it works as expected. So - the Project Template (.aptx) seems incompatible with having multiple users sign in to access data from EGDB. 

0 Kudos