ArcGIS Pro - Unable to drag vertices when editing

Jump to solution
10-05-2015 08:36 AM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

I'm probably missing something extremely obvious here, but I just can't figure out how to drag vertices using the editor tool in AGIS Pro.

Here's what I have done:

1. Click on the Edit Tab
  2. Click on the Modify Button
  3. Click on Vertices under the Reshape group in the Modify Features sidebar.

Clicking and dragging on vertices has no effect.. Also, adding vertices works, but I am unable to re-position them.

Like I said, its probably something obvious but I just can't figure it out and its incredibly frustrating. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
RobertBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Gregg,

I was able to open your test project and drag vertices.

Rob

VM3.JPG

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Hi Robert, thanks for trying that out. Is there any special step to enable dragging on the vertices that I'm missing?

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Robert Burke​ is the problem I am experiencing perhaps related to license level?

We only have a Basic license for ArcGIS.

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1

Hi Gregg,

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm having the same problem (not being able to move vertices).  I can add new ones, delete old ones, but cannot move an existing.  I'm kind of wondering if it's a licensing issue.

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1

So...after clicking around and trying different things...it worked by selecting the point, then HOLDING BOTH MOUSE BUTTONS and dragging the point.  Kind of a strange way to enable moving of vertices, but the more I've used it, the more I like it (you avoid accidentally moving a node when you click on it to select it).

roemhildtg

Oh! I hadn't seen this sorry!. But thanks so much for the answer. It does work to edit now using both buttons...but I have to wonder why esri isn't more clear on this behavior! I had just been using ArcMap for editing, but am willing to give ArcGIS Pro another shot now.