ArcGIS Pro unable to save user settings and program interface hang-time

09-23-2022 07:30 AM
JMitchell
New Contributor III

Our organization is recently experiencing an odd behavior with all installed instances of ArcGIS Pro.

Sometime in the past couple of weeks, it was noticed that the ArcGIS Pro start page no longer was displaying any recent projects.  No matter what a user does, the program does not retain any recent project history or setting configurations changed in the program settings options.

Additionally, inputs through the user interface are resulting in significant hang-times:  opening an empty project, closing the program, navigating to different sections of the settings menu.  There is no performance issues related to analysis or data manipulation or map navigation...the only performance issues (in the form of hang-time) relate to just using various aspects of the program interface itself.

We have gone through ESRI technical support through our Organization, but their conclusion to performance issues was to correct reported deficiencies in RAM and Dedicated Video RAM; however, ArcGIS Pro was running fine with the current resources we have set and the performance issues we are experiencing does not occur with any resource-intensive operations, just the program itself with or without any data or project loaded.  

We were unable to find anything that would have changed in our network environment that would have resulted in these issues.  The program itself is installed locally on each workstation and the issues persists across software versions (3.0.0 was the version installed when the issues suddenly appeared and we have tried updating to 3.0.1 for no effect).

I have also checked my personal ArcGIS Pro installation at home, signing in using my Organization credentials and have no issues...which suggests that the problem is specific to the computing environment at work, but we do not know what we should be looking for that could be causing this specific set of issues.

Any insight or ideas into this matter would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BradleyThompson1
Esri Contributor

The procedure I suggested, apologies for not being more clear. This may take some time to discuss on our end. If that ends up being the case, I'll consider alternatives that may be possible in the meantime. 

0 Kudos
JMitchell
New Contributor III

@BradleyThompson1 

An update regarding this:

We were able to solve both sets of issues!  Our IT simply changed some of the logic for the folder mapping as it related to the APPDATA  for the users using ArcGIS Pro.

It appears that the performance issues went away as soon as the program could access the user configuration files, etc.

Thank you for the assistance and guidance for this issue!