ArcPro 3.2.0 Crashing When Changing Symbology

12-04-2023 11:33 AM
Labels (1)
TraceyLeet
New Contributor II

A colleague is having trouble with ArcPro crashing whenever he wants to change symbology. He has a layer of lines symbolized in graduating colors and if he attempts to make any adjustment to the symbology, ArcPro crashes. For instance, if he tries to adjust the width of all the line classes at once, it crashes. He has also tried to change the symbology of one class and it still crashes. The layer in question is in a local gdb, not our organization's sde. This seems to me to be behaving very similarly to the 2.9 bug but he is already on version 3.2.0. I haven't been able to find any bugs for 3.2.0 related to this so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or any troubleshooting tips. Thanks!

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is the bug the one(s) cited here?

Solved: Pro 2.9.2 crashing when clicking on a symbol or op... - Esri Community

It is always best to report issues in any event.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
TraceyLeet
New Contributor II

Yes that is the 2.9.2 bug I was referring to. The behavior is very similar but he's not on that version and I haven't seen any documentation for it occurring on his version. If it wasn't magically fixed overnight, I will definitely report the issue.

0 Kudos
jsilber_CE
New Contributor II

I am having the exact same issue on ArcGIS Pro 3.1.4. Were you able to find a solution?

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

report the issue, hopefully @TraceyLeet did as well

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
tscott_roc
New Contributor

This issue can't be retired if it's still such the bain of my existence. I can do muscular analysis and Pro is fine. But I change the symbology of something and it crashes again and again with 3.2.1

jsilber_CE
New Contributor II

In my case, I had to completely wipe my computer and re-install ArcGIS Pro. I was running Pro 3.1 and had installed ESRI's Python Deep Learning library before I experienced the symbology crash issue. I agree tscott_roc, the bug still persists. 

0 Kudos