ArcPro v3 & ExcelToSQLLite64 Performance

Jump to solution
06-29-2022 09:12 AM
T_Remmert
New Contributor II

I've recently upgraded to ArcPro v3.0 and I'm having a terrible experience any time interact with a FGDB or SDE (which is pretty much all the time!)

Any attempt to make or delete a FGDB, or connect to an Enterprise SDE (ArcGIS Server/SQL) my machine stalls. I've been able to produce a test in ArcNotebook that shows Pro 3 taking almost 2hrs to "open connection" before completing a 1min Reconcile & Post operation. While the machine is spinning, ExcelToSQLLite64 is visible in Task Manager "working" but apparently accomplishing very little. I've also noticed that upgraded v2.x aprx will hang entirely, never complete. Native v3.0 aprx do eventually complete after the 2hr+ hang.

Has anyone successfully replaced to updated ExcelToSQLLite64 to a working state? Quite a few threads are starting to accumulate related to this exe/dll:

ExcelToSQLite64 won't die (it's back) - Esri Community

ExcelToSQLite64 has stoppped working - pop ups - Esri Community

As well as several others, as far back at v2.6 

@RaynahKamau 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardPearson_org
New Contributor II

Just fixed the issue, seems it might have been Excel related. I used the info here:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/do-not-update-to-3-0-update-to-arcpro-3-0-is-a/m-...

to update the Access DB engine and that seems to have fixed things.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RichardPearson_org
New Contributor II

I have what seems to be a related issue whenever I try to open any project which includes an Excel file, the project sticks on the Loading Map screen. Bringing up task manger shows ExcelToSQLite64.exe running continuously and using about 14% of the CPU....

Edited to add:

I'm now not sure about the Excel link, some projects just seem to hang on the Loading Map screen, but I can't be certain what the common factor is, as I can't see what the project contents are....

0 Kudos
T_Remmert
New Contributor II

Our people afflicted with Stuck-at-Splash have all been virtual desktop users, loading v2.x aprx that they intended to upgrade. We haven't seen any stuck-at-splash on local machines, or with native v3.0 aprx.

0 Kudos
RichardPearson_org
New Contributor II

Just fixed the issue, seems it might have been Excel related. I used the info here:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/do-not-update-to-3-0-update-to-arcpro-3-0-is-a/m-...

to update the Access DB engine and that seems to have fixed things.

T_Remmert
New Contributor II

Applying the AccessDB update as described in that thread did resolve a variety of our gremlins!

Here's a permalink to the specific part of the thread: Solved: Re: DO NOT update to 3.0, Update to ArcPro 3.0 is ... - Esri Community

RichardPearson_org
New Contributor II

Well, the latest Windows update seems to have broken things again! Trying to open an aprx file which includes a link to an Exel spreadsheet causes Pro to get stuck on the splash screen once more. Applying the same AccessDB update hasn't fixed the issue.....

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Agreed! I just spent two hours uninstalling/reinstalling all 4 of the drivers, both silently and not silently, worked through the crazy flow chart and still cannot access xlsx files. I made some progress and can now see:

"Exception of type 'ArcGIS.Desktop.Core.Geoprocessing.GPItemException' was thrown. 

Does anyone have any suggestion besides re-installing the access drivers? Because I've done that like 20x and still nothing.

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Ok - what worked for me was uninstalling both access drivers - then installing access_64 driver first normally, followed by a silent install of 32-bit.  Now I can see xslx in both ArcMap and Pro again.

Isn't there a way to just write this into the Pro updates?

0 Kudos