Attached file geodatabase table and File geodatabase feature Content-Type problem

08-14-2023 05:48 PM
klee12
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I have attached a photo from a geodatabase table and linked it to the corresponding file geodatabase feature using a global ID and use it to generate the ArcGIS report.  However, when I generated the ArcGIS Report for attribute and image attachments, the photo attachment only displays with the content type "image/jpeg," and not for "application/octet-stream."   I suspect that the "application/octet-stream" content type needs to be converted to "image/jpeg" in order to properly display the image in the ArcGIS report. Do we have any solution for converting the content-type in the file geodatabase table ?   Or any viable solution. Thanks. 

klee12_0-1692060383291.png

2 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I have the same question! I believe mine came from appending an enterprise geodatabase feature class into a hosted feature layer, and now due to the weird content type, the images won't show up in the popup like the other photos. My ESRI support ticket became BUG-000159264. Luckily it says "In Product Plan". Hopefully someone can chime in with a workaround for us to use in the meantime.

Similar issue: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-ideas/arcgis-server-assigns-wrong-mime-types-to-imag...

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Update! Got an email that said the issue is fixed in version R03, so hopefully that means the next release for ArcGIS Online

If you need to fix existing records, check out my solution in another thread

0 Kudos