Automatic Tab Switching Bug

07-25-2022 11:05 AM
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Does this happen to anyone else?  The Ribbon Tabs automatically switch.  I tend to spend most of my time in the 'Edit' Tab, but ArcGIS Pro will switch me back to 'Home' or 'Insert'.  Pro usually switches back to 'Home' when first starting the application, and switch to 'Insert' if I am adding and removing features, especially imagery.  The switching tends to happen unexpectedly, which makes capturing the phenomenon somewhat difficult.

You can see the tabs switch at the 00:51 seconds mark.

This video is just one example of one scenario where this happens to me.  I generally experience this bug at least once per instance of opening Pro, which I do several times per day.

Case Number: 03107517

0 Kudos
10 Replies
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

I think it's supposed to be a 'feature,' but I also find it annoying. Simple tasks take twice as many clicks in Pro compared to ArcMap, largely because of the ribbon UI. It feels unfinished in many ways.

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

That's what I thought too, but I talked to the Pro technical support team at the user conference and they said it's not supposed to do that.  That's why I have a case number. 

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

It's not!?!? I've been in Esri presentations where they talk about the "contextual" (read: random) switching as if it's innovative, helpful...

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

All I can say is what the two individuals I described this to had never heard of this behavior.

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

I caught ArcGIS Pro forgetting that I had 'Edit' selected after bringing in a feature class from the Catalog.  This happened after performing a guided clean install with ESRI Customer Care.

I select 'Edit' at 00:29 seconds, then add in a layer.  When I go back to the map, the tab reverts back to 'Map' when it should have stayed on 'Edit'.

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Another example starting at 00:30 seconds.

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Tabs automatically switch at 00:33 seconds

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

Tabs automatically switch at 00:32 seconds

0 Kudos
CheyneHadley
New Contributor III

After removing custom Ribbon buttons, the issue persists. 

00:06 seconds

0 Kudos