Basemaps are not rendering correctly in ArcGIS Pro.

03-12-2024 03:04 PM
Labels (1)
norcal916
New Contributor

Does anyone know what might cause basemaps in ArcGIS Pro not to render completely? Depending on how far I zoom in or out on my map, weird lines and triangles start to appear on the basemap. Below are two screenshot of what this looks like using two different basemaps.

Navigation basemap:

norcal916_0-1710280852107.png

Steets basemap:

norcal916_1-1710281021606.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @norcal916 

Do you have this issue with all basemaps or certain default basemaps?

Do you have the same issue with ArcGIS Online or Enterprise?

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you running?

Can you run the system requirements check for your version of ArcGIS Pro, this might help point to any components that don't meet the requirements. 

ArcGIS Pro 3.2 system requirements

0 Kudos
norcal916
New Contributor

Hello @DanielFox1 

It only happens with certain default basemaps (Streets, Navigation, Community, Streets (Night), Topographic, Light gray base). 

I'm running ArcGIS Pro version 2.3.0. 

I use ArcGIS Pro using Azure Remote Desktop from my Dell Laptop. Below are the specs for each:

Dell Laptop Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8365U CPU @ 1.60GHz   1.90 GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.78 GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise

Version 22H2

Azure Remote Desktop Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz

Installed RAM: 112 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops

Version 22H2

Below are the results I got from running the system requirements check you provided for ArcGIS Pro 3.2. I'm not sure if it's the same requirements for the older 2.3 version I'm running.

norcal916_0-1710371523671.png

0 Kudos
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @norcal916 

I would certainly recommend upgrading to either the latest version of ArcGIS Pro or to the last versions of ArcGIS 2.9.11 to ensure that you will be supported and also to see if this issue occurs at a newer version. 

If you want to run v3.x.x I would recommend fulfilling the requirements missing or that have not met the system checker. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/arcgis-pro-system-requirements.htm

Is this something that has always happened or has only recently started?

If it has only started have there been any upgrades to your environment that might cause issues similar to what you are reporting?