BUG-000086476 in ArcGIS Pro

11-10-2023 11:26 AM
ForrestBowlick
New Contributor III

Good afternoon,

I'm a GIS instructor working in ArcGIS Pro. We have it installed on a virtual desktop which has worked well. Today, a student in my class experienced BUG-000086476 https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-zoom-in-zoom-out-and-pan-tools-from-the-toolbar-bec-bug-00008...

In this bug the cursor was stuck as a magnifying glass. Some functions, like identify, continued to work. Others, like edit tools, did not.

As this bug was only previously described for Arc Desktop, but I wanted to update it as an appearance in Pro. The bug persisted after restarting the program and restarting the remote desktop instance.

Ctrl-Z solved the issue.

Please consider this when updating and resolving the bug issue described.

1 Reply
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Forrest, welcome to the community forum.

The bug you have listed has a final outcome - ArcMap had a known limitation where certain antivirus software caused the behaviour. 

You may be seeing the same issue in ArcGIS Pro. If so, it could be the same limitation, and you would need to work with your anti-virus software provider.

If you want to know if there is a defect for this issue specific to Pro, or just generally confirm it's what you are seeing, your best bet is to contact technical support. They'll be able to search for a new bug number or create one as necessary.  If it exists they'll also let you the status/outcome.

Cheers

0 Kudos