Calculate Geometry Attributes not showing all geometry options

Jump to solution
08-31-2023 12:40 PM
Labels (2)
RachelPasser_RFA
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 and am trying to prepare an address point feature class to become a point address role of an address locator. I am trying to calculate the Min X, Min Y, Max X, and Max Y fields, so I made 4 new fields in the address points' attribute table, data type set to Double. I'm using my state's projected state plane coordinate system with NAD83 (2011).

When I open the Calculate Geometry Attributes tool, I am only getting the 3 property options shown in the screenshot below. How can I calculate min/max X & Y geometry?

RachelPasser_RFA_1-1693510474383.png

I'm looking for the 'Minimum x-coordinate' property that supposedly needs a field with data type set to Double, according to this article: Calculate Geometry Attributes (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

My Min-X field is empty & data type is Double, so I'm not sure why it's not showing up as a property for the Geometry attribute. I was trying fields with all sorts of data types in my input table, and they're all returning only those 3 options shown in the screenshot, Point x-coordinate, Point y-coordinate, and Point x- and y- coordinate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RachelPasser_RFA
New Contributor II

I added line and polygons to the tool - they start showing up. I think it is because I was trying to calculate min/max X/Y on point data, perhaps?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I tested in 2.9.3 and 3.1.3 and cannot reproduce.

Is it possible that there is no extent set on the featureclass?

I also noticed if I leave the precision of the double field at the default of 9, I get the WARNING 160096: The length of the value exceeds that of the field. error.

If I increased it to 10, the calculation complete successfully.

RhettZufelt_0-1693515793596.png

R_

RachelPasser_RFA
New Contributor II

I added line and polygons to the tool - they start showing up. I think it is because I was trying to calculate min/max X/Y on point data, perhaps?

0 Kudos