Can I change the band labels for RGB composite rasters in ArcGIS Pro?

09-01-2020 05:09 PM
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

I haven't been able to find a way to change the labels on the RGB bands in ArcGIS Pro. In ArcMap I can just replace the text with whatever I want, which is great when I'm generating a composite of different datasets that are displayed in RGB format. For example: 

I have not found a way to do this in ArcGIS Pro. I can't just click on the text twice like I can in ArcMap to type in something else, and I've explored all manner of settings trying to find where I might be able to override the default labels with no success. I've looked both in the map and layout interfaces, in the legend settings, in the layer properties, etc., but find myself stuck with the default band information.  

Am I missing something, or is this just not supported in Pro? 

It would also be fine if I could add descriptions instead of labels for each of the bands. I just want a way to indicate what the different RGB channels represent in the image. 

3 Replies
MarcusAndersson
New Contributor III

Hi!

Just had to try this and was able to reproduce it using a *.jpg-image, and I can't change the names of the bands either. Weird flaw!

Pretty useless workaround would beto turn off the Label completely under Format Legend Item (screenshot) and to add the text manually. Might work if you're in a hurry and only have a couple of maps to produce but not feasible in the long run I guess...

Format Legend Item-menu

SimonWoo
Esri Contributor

Thank you for reporting this.  We will log an issue into our system to fix this.

Thanks!

RossMarriott
New Contributor

Hello, I noticed that it has been a while since this issue was reported. I was wondering if there might have been any solutions since developed to the re-labeling of the RGB bands please?