Can't extract all rows from a table in a SDE by any method

Jump to solution
02-21-2023 08:20 PM
Labels (1)
panta_ray
New Contributor

This happens when I attempt to do it through the GUI tools, and when I do it through ArcPy directly. 

Here is the very simple code i'm running:

arcpy.management.MakeTableView(roads_source, roads_view)
arcpy.management.CopyRows(roads_view, roads_table) # This creates the table
  • roads_source is an attribute table for a feature class with 60,000+ rows stored in an SDE. This is stored on an Oracle server.
  • roads_table is (supposed to be) a simple GDB table stored locally.

When I create the Table View, all rows appear successfully. When I copy that Table View to the new table, only a random number somewhere just over 3,000 copy over. Sometimes less.

I have also tried using CopyFeatures to copy the whole feature class into my GDB and then making a table from it and Append to a blank table I manually created, neither worked. I was able to get between 6-7,000 rows when using the former method, weirdly.

Using Copy(roads_source, roads_table) returns ERROR 000260: Underlying DBMS error[ORA-21500: internal error code, arguments: [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s]].

When I try and copy the rows directly from the source table, skipping the Table View, I get error 000210: Cannot create output roads_table.

I have tried several other methods, including with cursors. For instance, I tried creating a field in my table that has a range of numbers that match a unique ID field on the SDE table. I then joined them by this field, but only about 50,000 rows came through.

I have no active selections or definition queries. I have no idea what to do, or why it's not working.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
panta_ray
New Contributor

Solved by contacting Esri Support; it is because the Oracle version is below the minimum supported version for ArcGIS Pro 3.0.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
panta_ray
New Contributor

Solved by contacting Esri Support; it is because the Oracle version is below the minimum supported version for ArcGIS Pro 3.0.

0 Kudos