Can't install any package with conda

Jump to solution
02-13-2023 12:43 AM
HenryGathecha
New Contributor

I have cloned the arcgispro_py3 environment, but I can't install any package to this environment using conda. It keeps throwing the following error message:

The environment is inconsistent, please check the package plan carefully
The following packages are causing the inconsistency:

- esri/win-64::deep-learning-essentials==3.0=arcgispro_17
- esri/noarch::keras-gpu==2.7.0=0
- esri/win-64::onnx-tf==1.8.0=py39hb572761_3
- esri/win-64::tensorflow-addons==0.15.0=py39_8
- esri/win-64::tensorflow-base==2.7.0=py39_cuda11.1_cudnn8.1_6
- esri/win-64::tensorflow-gpu==2.7.0=py39_cuda11.1_cudnn8.1_6

Kindly assist me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HenryGathecha
New Contributor

Thank you for the information. Apparently, I was missing some Dll files in my conda bin. the following link helped solve the issue: https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/9894.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

make sure your clone is active and also make sure that you have the right deep learning setup

Esri/deep-learning-frameworks: Installation support for Deep Learning Frameworks for the ArcGIS Syst...

try installing through the package manager in Pro rather than clone if you have issues with conda

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan aka the Man the Myth the Legend...
what advice do you have to offer a poor comrade who is experiencing these laundry-list inconsistencies issues trying to install a package via BOTH routes - Pro and conda??

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

short of clearing all remnants of arc-anything from your computer's hard drive and registry and trying a re-install, not really...  if you are trying to install packages that are hardwired to arcgisscripting (eg numpy and some others) it is a hard path to get what you want and have a quasi-function Pro.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.
So what would you advise for a person who made the arcgispro-py3 clone in order to use it for R-ArcGIS Bridge & Jupyter Notebooks (r-arcgis-essentials/arcgisbinding package) only to then immediately hit - upon trying to install R Bridge (through ProPackMan and then conda batch command) - this mega blockage in the form of dozens of inconsistencies in the clone environment?!?

How is a person supposed to gain access to utilizing R-Bridge and notebook to write their analysis code?!? This has had me stumped and now eaten up FIVE days of productivity that I needed to have been using to finalize my geospatial analysis presentation!!

0 Kudos
HenryGathecha
New Contributor

Thank you for the information. Apparently, I was missing some Dll files in my conda bin. the following link helped solve the issue: https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/9894.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

strange, those dll s are already in my clone.  perhaps you are using an older version of Pro and hence conda

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would go to where the pirates congregate 😉

R — ArcGIS (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos