Change Detection Wizard error: Failed to generate Date of Change raster

11-23-2022 07:47 PM
Labels (1)
GPear
by
New Contributor

I am getting an error when using the Change Detection Wizard: "Failed to generate Date of Change raster." I am working with a multidimensional mosaic dataset containing two years' worth of VNP13A1v001 NDVI data. In the Wizard, I have selected "Time series change detection" as the Change Detection Method, "CCDC" as the Change Analysis Method, and "Time of largest change" as the Change Type; all other settings are defaults. I checked "Calculate Statistics" in Raster Analysis and "Estimate Mosaic Dataset Statistics" in Mosaic post-processing when I added the rasters to my mosaic dataset. I have made sure that the output name in the Change Detection Wizard isn't too long and has a valid extension. I was able to run the Analyze Changes Using CCDC geoprocessing tool without issue using the same settings, and its output worked fine as the input to the Detect Changes Using Change Analysis raster function, but it took more than 2 hours to complete, and I have a lot more data I want to do change detection on. One last oddity is that the CCDC Analysis function runs without throwing an error, but its output range always takes on the min and max bit depth values, and the layer never draws on the map. I have not tried Landtrendr, but its linear model seems less appropriate for the seasonal fluctuations of NDVI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LienPham1
New Contributor II

I used the sentinel-2 data for 2-year period with each month has at least 1 imagery. I also have the same issue like you that I can generate the output of Analyze changes using CCDC but the output of Detect changes using change analysis raster function is no data while it should as my areas has a lot of changes during these 2 years. I have not found the solution yet. Do you find out any solution?

0 Kudos