COGO segments

04-05-2019 03:00 PM
TylerFleming
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro COGO Segments

Rather than using the traverse tool, I would prefer to use the "Direction/Distance" window (keyboard shortcut - G).

Problem/Question - Entering COGO segments through the "Direction/Distance" window (keyboard shortcut - G). 

When doing this, after finishing the sketch multiple segments are combined and act as one record.  How can I make each segment act as one record?

Even after running the "Enable COGO" geoprocessing tool, adding COGO fields to my line feature class, still only one record is created from multiple segments.

In ArcMap - After adding COGO fields to a line feature class and entering multiple bearing/distance in the "Direction/Distance" window (keyboard shortcut - G) and finishing sketch, multiple segments are created.

Has anyone else experience this frustration?

Does anyone know how to fix this (not just a workaround)?

Do I need to be patient and let Pro catch up with a few more versions?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using the Parcel Fabric and LGIM to perform your parcel/cadastral editing in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
TylerFleming
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

No, we are not.

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler, you'd see this behavior if you are using the Line tool on the feature template instead of using the Two-Point line tool. When using the Two-point line, then a single line feature is created each time, and then if the target is a COGO-Enabled feature class, the Direction and Distance values will be added as COGO attributes.

For the next Pro release an enhancement will be available on the two-point line tool that, when activated, will automatically continue the two-point line so that you would have the behavior you are looking for. With Pro 2.3 you currently need to click the start point of the sketch each time before you use Direction/Distance.

-Tim

Tags (1)
TylerFleming
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

I'm looking forward to the next release!

0 Kudos