Combine multiple rasters/TIFFs into a new standalone raster

10-07-2022 09:26 AM
Labels (2)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 60+ TIFF files (267 GB total) that I would like to combine into one raster dataset for sharing with an external party. To personally view the imagery, I have a mosaic dataset in a geodatabase. However, when I make a copy of the mosaic dataset and try to open it on another computer (where I am not connected to the drive containing the original TIFFs), the mosaic shows a black and white checkerboard pattern. My questions:

1. Are rasters mosaics always referencing the original rasters (I know referenced mosaic datasets do, but what about regular mosaics)? 

2. Is there any way to make an image mosaic/new raster that combines all my TIFFs AND is a standalone file (does not reference the original TIFFs). I would like to do this so the external party can view one file instead of 60+ files. Ideally, this raster would be compressed and smaller than the original 267 GB. I am ok with breaking up the project area and creating several smaller rasters to make file sizes more manageable. 

3. If the above suggestion is not possible, what is a better way to share a lot of imagery with a person outside of your organization (I have access to AGOL)?

Notes: I'm using Pro 2.9, the TIFFs have the same spatial reference and the same/very similar cell sizes (slight difference in rounding, see tiffproperties1 and 2 attachments). 

0 Kudos
0 Replies