Connecting to a folder on a server in ArcGIS Pro

11-13-2014 09:37 AM
JoshuaPuthran2
New Contributor

Hi everyone ,

I was hoping to find out about creating a connection to a folder on a server on ArcGIS Pro. The steps that I follow to create a folder connection in ArcGIS Pro are:

- Right click on folder connections -> Connect to folder.

- Within this category I am only able to create connections to a local drive and unable to see network drives locations to create connections.

I have not been able to find any information on this so far. Any help on how to go about achieving this would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

You can create an ArcGIS Server connection to access services.

serverconnection.png

mark

0 Kudos
BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor

I am not sure he was asking about an ArcGIS server connection.  Likely a local network server.  The program does not allow me personally to see the local network connections when creating a new project  I can only place a project on a local hard drive.  However, if I put the direct address location into the box, it will place the project at that location.  That is the workaround it appears.

AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Yes, The Network Drives do not seem to show up in the list when we try to create a new Folder Connection in ArcGIS Pro. However, you directly add the Path to a Network Drive and that should work, as Brian suggested in the previous comment.

0 Kudos
RayMangan2
New Contributor III

Do you know if this will be addressed in a future update? It seems like core functionality that is missing.

0 Kudos