Construct polygons but no available templates?

11-19-2019 11:57 AM
AlejandroFigueroa1
New Contributor

I am new to the software and am having an issue that looks to have an easy solution but I can't figure it out. I am trying to create a polygon from two polylines in an existing, visible, active layer in my map. It seems I am not allowed to do so because there no available templates (it simply says "none available" in the drop down menu within the construct polygons menu). I've tried creating new templates and nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?!

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Is the feature you are wanting to edit - editable?

In ArcGIS Pro click the Pencil in the Table of Contents - is the feature editable

0 Kudos
AlejandroFigueroa1
New Contributor

Yes it is. I figured out my first issue - I wanted to create polygons from a polyline layer but had no polygon layer to use as a template. I created a new polygon shapefile and was able to use that template. However, when I click "construct" nothing happens. I've specified a template and a cluster tolerance (.001m).

0 Kudos
AlejandroFigueroa1
New Contributor

The polygons are created in the attribute table but do not appear anywhere on the map. This same thing happens whenever I manually create a polygon feature using the "create features" menu. I've ensured the layer has the correct spatial reference and everything.

0 Kudos
NewtownGIS
New Contributor II

Did you ever figure this out? I am currently having the same issue and cant see where I am going wrong

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

To get some help here, we'd probably need to understand more about the data (where it's sourced), perhaps some layer properties (are you using visibility range), are you using definition queries, is symbology causing features to disappear (no symbol for the given attribute value), etc.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos