coordinate grid in ArcGIS Pro

02-06-2015 10:05 AM
AinarsAunins
New Contributor

How can I put a coordinate grid on a map layout in the new ArcGIS Pro? Is this feature not implemented yet?

Tags (2)
30 Replies
AlexLebrun
New Contributor

The option to add measured grids ex: UTM, MGA etc...

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

See https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2017/03/05/arcgis-pro-roadmap?...‌:

Near-term

• Layout Grids - Measured Grids on the layout allowing you to display coordinates on your map from any projected coordinate system.

What you want doesn't exist yet, but it is in the near-term ("next release or two") on the road map. 

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

OF COURSE, they had to give it a new name.  I'm trying to remember what they were called in ARCPLOT, but I know it wasn't "graticule" or "measured grids".

0 Kudos
BrentClark
New Contributor

The fact that this is STILLLLLLLLLLLLLL not available and that ESRI has not implemented a fix yet is INSAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNEEEEEEE.  What?  Am I awake and living in 2017 on the planet Earth?  Am I really expected to use this product to make a useable map?  ??  I am soooooooo frustrated.  Unbelieveable.  MapInfo here I come?  QGIS? Wow.

KrisMilburn
New Contributor II

It would be super helpful if the ability to add custom overlay grids (like this http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/map/page-layouts/creating-custom-overlay-grids.htm) was made available in Pro.

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Custom Overlay Grids are on our road map for a future Pro release.  Do you have a specific grid you are trying to create?  

Thanks,
David

KrisMilburn
New Contributor II

Thanks David. I will look forward to that future Pro release.

I am attempting to migrate one of my maps that is a core product for our organization from ArcMap to Pro. I use a custom overlay based on a polygon feature class to represent the Alberta Township System grid as a border on my map. I found a suggestion to convert to graphic in ArcMap to bring it into Pro (ArcGIS Pro Layout - Reference Grid), however ArcMap will not allow me to convert to graphic (the button is not active) so I may just have to wait until the functionality is added to Pro.

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Thanks Kristen, 
We are working hard to add additional Grid functionality into Pro.  Right now our priority is MGRS grids followed by Reference grids.  Custom Overlay grids will come after those.  

David

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Is the measured grid implemented in 1.4? I can’t see any.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try 2.0.1 See what's new... bookmark this page to keep up to date with the program