Create Space Time Cube script tool fails

Jump to solution
07-06-2017 02:21 PM
SamyBouma_Ngock1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am working the Analyzing traffic accidents in space and time case study and trying to run the Create Space time tool.

This is the error message I get:

Error message

By curiosity, I followed the Traceback and I see all modules are there. Am I missing something?

modules

My sys specs:

ArcGIS Pro 2.0

Windows 7 6.1.7601 SP1

i5/4570 CPU@3.20GHz

python 2.7.5 default

python 2.7.13 and 3.6.1 installed in conda/envs

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

From a very similar Esri Support Services incident:

Please go to the ArcGIS Pro python window and type "import pandas" and see if this successfully imports. If you need help with this please let me know. Additionally, go to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3 and launch python.exe. In the command line type import pandas and see if this successfully imports. If it does not import than you likely have an issue with your python install and I will recommend deleting the arcgispro-py3 folder and running a repair on the software. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

From a very similar Esri Support Services incident:

Please go to the ArcGIS Pro python window and type "import pandas" and see if this successfully imports. If you need help with this please let me know. Additionally, go to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3 and launch python.exe. In the command line type import pandas and see if this successfully imports. If it does not import than you likely have an issue with your python install and I will recommend deleting the arcgispro-py3 folder and running a repair on the software. 
0 Kudos
SamyBouma_Ngock1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert,

After reinstalling the tool works properly.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Great news!  Glad it's working now!

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the exact same issue as you were - same tool, same error, same Pro version. Just to be sure - did you completely uninstall and reinstall Pro or did you just run a repair on the software?

0 Kudos
SamyBouma_Ngock1
New Contributor III

I did uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS Pro after manually deleting the ..\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3 folder.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/analytics/case-studies/analyzing-crashes-2-pro-workflow.htm

You are using Pro 2.0

Pandas version? to check ....

import pandas
pandas._version.get_versions()
Out[8]: 
{'dirty': False,
 'error': None,
 'full-revisionid': 'e346c663cf76186c22f4d3b703461b1b60db280f',
 'version': '0.20.1'}

Or 

pandas._version.get_versions()
Out[2]: 
{'dirty': False,
 'error': None,
 'full-revisionid': '825876ca7ee8ac7bea463925399c083d5f190b3e',
 'version': '0.19.2'}

To test, and compare the import error line without digging through can you confirm which?

0 Kudos
SamyBouma_Ngock1
New Contributor III

just for info version is '0.19.2'

0 Kudos