Created a new scene in ArcGIS Pro, analyzed with no errors, shared to ArcGIS online and get "Scene service is missing root node" error

06-01-2022 06:24 AM
Labels (1)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

Created a new scene in ArcGIS Pro, analyzed with no errors, shared to ArcGIS online and get "Scene service is missing root node" errors. First try I got 3 errors, second try I got one.  I waited an hour after uploading on the second attempt since I read that it can be an issue from still processing online. I checked this morning and it is still there.  Do I have to try yet again?  Any ideas?

JustinJohnston_0-1654089684461.png

Cheers,

Justin

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Justin - there was a similiar Esri Community thread on this item - Solved: "Scene service is missing root node" Error - Esri Community  Question for you - is some of your data from CityEngine?

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

I created everything in ArcGIS Pro.  Did not use CityEngine.

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

Update, I had made some updates to the scene in ArcGIS Pro, added some cylinders (to depict bollards) and trash bins using point features extruded with 3D models.  The result when sharing was that all but that same multipatch "DG_Basement" feature class came in fine.  Still get the same error on that multipatch.  I might just create a new multipatch from scratch and try again.

I have to start a new thread because the cylinders come in online much larger diameter than what I have it set at in ArcGIS Pro.  

JustinJohnston_0-1654115004679.png

0 Kudos