Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating Group Template with a point (primary geometry) and a rectangle buffer based on scale attribute

12-13-2023 08:23 PM
Labels (1)
IanTeh
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to follow this methodology: https://www.esri-ireland.ie/en-ie/resource-centre/we-talk-tech/printing-custom-layouts-from-arcgis-o... to print custom layouts using only available OOTB tools in an ArcGIS Organization Account.

I'm curious to know how the author was able to create a feature template that creates a rectangle polygon with the point (primary geometry) as the centroid.

IanTeh_1-1702527558448.png

I'm playing around with managing templates - creating group templates - with point as the primary geometry and the only option when choosing a builder is a buffer (which creates circular buffer from the point).

IanTeh_0-1702527525261.png

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't think you can do this with OOTB group templates but using 2 geoprocessing tools, you can create the square buffer.  It's a start that you can read about here.

0 Kudos
Julia_vanRavenswaaij
New Contributor

You can do it using preset templates, where you define the geometry based on an exisitng feature. How To: Create a Polygon Feature Template with a Predefined Geometry in ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)
Edit: unfortunately I just realized that this is only available in Pro and does not translate to ArcGIS Online or Portal.

0 Kudos