data attributes

02-04-2017 11:12 AM
JanMeyer1
New Contributor

Dear all

I am a brand new user and would ask kindly for help.

I would like to upload the population of switzerland for each municipality into a map from an excel file.

Unfortunately this is not possible, because it seems, that ArcGis cannot use the name of the municipality as a geografic entity. But i neither got the shapes nor the polygons of each municipality. Which source delivers the attributes for each municipality and how can i use the attributes correct?

Following Error messages are being displayed:

Startzeit: Samstag, 4. Februar 2017 20:08:02
 ERROR 000339: Eingabe 2015 (2)$ hat keine OIDs.
Fehler beim Ausführen von (SelectLayerByAttribute).
Fehlgeschlagen am Samstag, 4. Februar 2017 20:08:02 (Verstrichene Zeit: 0.17 Sekunden)

I tried to convert the data and this was the error message:

Startzeit: Samstag, 4. Februar 2017 20:09:26
Skript ExcelToTable wird ausgeführt...
Failed script ExcelToTable...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\ExcelToTable.py", line 265, in <module>
    arcpy.GetParameterAsText(2))
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\ExcelToTable.py", line 235, in excel_to_table
    template=tmp_table)
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 14933, in CreateTable
    raise e
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 14930, in CreateTable
    retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.CreateTable_management(*gp_fixargs((out_path, out_name, template, config_keyword), True)))
  File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 506, in <lambda>
    return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError:  ERROR 000354: Der Name enthält ungültige Zeichen.
Fehler beim Ausführen von (CreateTable).
Fehler beim Ausführen von (ExcelToTable).

Any ideas, videos and or solutions?

Many thanks Jan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

if I was you I would go find the shapes and then add the data to them.  Also if you have biz analyst this may already be out there.  Also maybe try the Living Atlas data.

0 Kudos
JanMeyer1
New Contributor

Hi Doug

Many thanks for your answear. I'll give it a try.

Best regards

0 Kudos