Select to view content in your preferred language

Database-level trigger causes Create Raster Dataset to fail

08-16-2022 06:53 AM
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

I have a database level (DDL) trigger in an enterprise geodatabase in SQL Server 2019.  The trigger fires for : CREATE_TABLE, ALTER_TABLE, DROP_TABLE, CREATE_VIEW, ALTER_VIEW, DROP_VIEW.  The trigger inserts records into a table to record changes/additions/deletions to/of views and tables in the database.  For some reason when a user other than sde user attempts to run Create Raster Dataset tool, this trigger causes the tool to fail with the error:

ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Underlying DBMS error [HY000:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Connection is busy with results for another command]
No spatial reference exists.
Failed to execute (CreateRasterDataset).

The trigger collects various information from EVENTDATA (e.g. ObjectName, LoginName, EventType, CommandText) and inserts a record into a table with the above info.  The Create Raster Dataset tool runs successfully with any user when the "insert into" portion of the trigger is commented out.  The tool fails for all other users except the sde user when the "insert into" portion is included.  All other tested tools function correctly with any user (i.e. Create Mosaic Dataset, Create Feature Class, Create Feature Dataset) when the trigger is enabled.

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3, SQL Server 2019, geodatabase version 10.9.1.2.9

Wondering if anyone has encountered this issue and may be able to shed some light as to why this happens for users other than sde user with the Create Raster Dataset tool.

0 Kudos
0 Replies