Select to view content in your preferred language

Deauthorize an ArcGIS Pro 3.0 License

Jump to solution
11-07-2022 06:47 AM
Labels (1)
WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

I found the document about how to deauthorize an ArcGIS Pro single-use license here.  [I'm moving to a new computer.]  However the instructions do not include version 3.0.  When I open my ArcGIS Pro settings page per the instructions, instead of seeing what's in these instructions I see:

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 SettingsArcGIS Pro 3.0 Settings

Help please.  Thank you very much.

Bill Cole

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Good morning Bill - the first thing you need to do is uncheck "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline" and check the license back in to your portal or license manager.  After checking the license back in, click "configure your licensing options" - then you'll see a licensing user interface that should track the Tech Support article you referenced.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Good morning Bill - the first thing you need to do is uncheck "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline" and check the license back in to your portal or license manager.  After checking the license back in, click "configure your licensing options" - then you'll see a licensing user interface that should track the Tech Support article you referenced.

WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

Robert, thank so much.  Unfortunately the "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to workoffline" checkbox is grayed out.  I am unable to change it.

0 Kudos
WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

Should have added: ArcGIS Pro is living on the same machine as my ArcGIS Desktop single-user installation.  I have deauthorized that license already and have moved it to the new machine.  Relationship between the two?

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Desktop (a.k.a., ArcMap) and ArcGIS Pro has separate licensing. 

0 Kudos
WilliamCole
Occasional Contributor

I sorted it out.  After carefully reading the little information tag next to the "Authorize ..." checkbox I discovered I had logged on with the wrong account.  Changed accounts and all is well.  Pro is now happily living on its new quarters.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sounds great - thank you for the follow up!  Happy Pro'ing!

0 Kudos