Disperse Markers tool not working

04-27-2023 04:03 PM
Brenda_Thompson
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.0 

Regardless of the environment and parameter settings I use, when I run the disperse markers tool on my point feature layer, the operation is "completed", and yet there is no change to the display of the points. disperse_markers_details.PNGCoordinate system used is the map's coordinate system. The reference scale used is the denominator of the scale in the bottom left hand corner of my map, for which I would like the points to be scaled to.Coordinate system used is the map's coordinate system. The reference scale used is the denominator of the scale in the bottom left hand corner of my map, for which I would like the points to be scaled to.disperse_markers_paramters.PNG

Am I missing something here?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Disperse Markers (Cartography)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

is that distance spacing appropriate for that scale?  It looks like it should be higher or the scale lower.  Measure 30 km on screen and the point spacing of a cluster of points to see if it is reasonable

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Brenda_Thompson
New Contributor II

I have tried using dramatic numbers (like 500km) for the distance spacing and this also yields no displacement of the points.

0 Kudos
MetralAlexis
Occasional Contributor

I there. I guess it's solved but for the futur ones, try to add just that layer in a new map and turn on the edit mode. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
Yoshua1
New Contributor

Hi I tried this but didn't seem to work, could you go into a bit more detail? been stuck on this for hours now.

0 Kudos
MetralAlexis
Occasional Contributor

I was facing the same issue in a map with a lot of various layers and other stuffs (ArcGIS Pro 3.2). I tried to simplify it by :

1 - Creating a new blank map, adding my layer and setting a graduated color symbology

2 - Turning the Edit mode On (I've set ArcGIS Pro to turn it on/off instead of being automatically on all the time) -> The tool edits the data so I guessed that was something to be done

3 - Running the tool where I set the coordinate system and the ref scale in Environment 

And it worked. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Not related but ArcGIS Pro 2.4.x June 2019.  It's a rather old release of ArcGIS Pro.  The current release is 3.1 and has a lot of workflow improvements.  Are you able to update to the current release?

0 Kudos