Edits could not be saved: Cannot perform operation. Invalid operation parameters.

01-14-2024 12:27 AM
AbdelrahmanGalal
New Contributor

Hello there, I have a feature service that is published on my ArcGIS online account, and I have an Excel file with related data that I want to update the feature service with. I tried to update the feature service using the update method provided by ArcGIS online, but I received an error. Then, I tried another approach using ArcPy, and you can see the code in the attached photo.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 100825.png

It worked successfully. After that, I tried to add a feature manually in the ArcGIS map viewer, but it didn't work. Since then, I have been receiving this error and can't add any new records from ArcGIS online. I am only capable of adding new features through ArcPro.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 100632.png

Here is the schema for the point feature service that I am having trouble with.

Property-Inspection-Form-Data.png

Please help me with this problem. I would appreciate any suggestions since it involves crucial data.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShareUser
Esri Community Manager

If you check the REST POST operation (sometheing like editFeatures/applyEdits) from your internet browser dev console (network traffic tab) - the response might have a more descriptive error for you to troubleshoot with.

0 Kudos
AbdelrahmanGalal
New Contributor

"Okay, this is a great starting point. Thank you for the helpful idea. I'm getting an error message about an identity problem, which seems to be the main issue. However, I'm unable to rebuild the index in AGOL. Can you suggest a way to fix this problem?"

AbdelrahmanGalal_0-1705467389346.png

0 Kudos