Edits fail to save in Project Package

09-01-2022 02:05 PM
PegGronemeyer1
New Contributor III

I'm looking for help on if edits will be saved in a project package.

I'm using ArcPro 3.0.1.   I created a project package in Pro 2.9.  Opened said project in 3.0.1, prompted where to unpack it, everything worked.  Made some edits in layout.  First time I saved, I got the msg that pkg was created with 2.9, and I said yes, save it in 3.0.1 version. Edited annotation layer and also made  a lot of tedious edits in layout, e.g. moved graphics, grouped and ungrouped elements in legend, resized frames, etc.. I saved the project again, exported new layout, and closed project package.  In File Explorer, it shows as last edited on today's date and time.  

Re-opened project package, NO edits saved.  😣  The formal "edits" (in annotation layer) where I had to "begin editing" were minor, but the layout edits were painful, thus my disappointment. 

I have looked to find if I did something wrong or what, but the only thing I found was that someone saw a map pkg was 'read only', although it still seemed to let them save edits - they were also disappointed.  My project package does not say read only...and I created and own all the data layers. At no time did i get a message that editing was not allowed or I did not have permissions.  I tested it again - opening, making some minor edits - turning off layers, was prompted to save, said yes, but still no edits are saved. 

While it seems I will have to redo the edits, 😒  I would like to know for sure if edits can or canNOT be saved in a project package.  I have several project packages in which I will need to make small, mostly cosmetic changes for publications. How can I make sure I don't lose my changes?  Do I need to save them as a new aprx? then re-package?  I hope I am missing something obvious, I'd rather feel stupid than have to redo all those edits.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Best-

Peg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To clarify, you are saving all edits first, then saving the project?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos