Enable Replica Tracking

02-15-2024 06:26 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

What does Enable Replica Tracking do behind the scenes.  The help doc states in Pro 2.7 some additional tables are created.  Is this only 2.7 and if so, where are the replicas tracked in SQL?

There seems to be no change to tables when I enable replica tracking in DEV, are there any issues I should be aware of when enabling this in PRD?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@TL2 - the tables referenced in the help UN_<ID>_ASSOCIATIONS, UN_<ID>_RULES and UN_<ID>_SUBNETWORKS are for ArcGIS Pro 2.7 and higher versions if I'm reading the documentation correctly. 

The repository tables that implement GDB replication are tracked in the database are the following tables:   the GDB_ITEMS, GDB_ITEMRELATIONSHIPS, GDB_ITEMTYPES, and GDB_REPLICALOG.  The ArcMap help documentation has a much better description of these tables and can be referenced here.

Lastly, I'm thinking the Global ID's created in preparation for GDB replication are what are used in the various repository tables to track all kinds of replication behavior.  To my knowledge, there are no other tables created for this behavior.

0 Kudos