Select to view content in your preferred language

ERROR 999999 while packaging or consolidating a project

04-06-2023 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
ChrisTruty
New Contributor II

I have a project that I'm attempting to package to relocate to a different drive.  I've been successful with several projects but I have one project that gives me an ERROR 999999 while attempting to package or consolidate.  I have checked/repaired all the geometry.  The process errrors out at the end of the 'Preparing data' stage.   Any help on trouble-shooting or removing parts of the project to narrow down where the error is.  There is no raster data in the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a lot of cleanup that can be done ahead of time (eg. deleting history etc).

Is there anything here you might not have addressed regarding the data paths and locations?

Package Project (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ChrisTruty
New Contributor II

Thank you, no doubt data paths and locations could be a part of the problem as this isn't the first time the project has been moved.  However, none of the layers are indicating any problems with their data sources so if there are data paths and locations messed up, how do I determine what is/is not in an appropriate location?

Much appreciated

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

try this approach

Share a project package—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

history and tool useage could give rise to the issues since they carry the baggage of the project and may need to be cleaned out.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ChrisTruty
New Contributor II

Thank you, seems like a small step forward.  I did the 'Share' and ran the analysis and it's clean.  However, the last five statements of the log file when it started to package are:

• StatusMessage: Compiling packaging parameters
  • StatusMessage: Initiating the packager
  • StatusMessage: The project package tool has started
  • ErrorMessage: (10 secs later) General function failure
  • ErrorMessage: Failed to package.

Chris

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

At this stage it could be anything.  Assuming you are saving the result to a local disk with a simple path and filename.  I would contact tech support if you are using recent versions of Pro (aka 3.x) since no issues have been reported that I can find on the support website

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos