error message when trying to Overwrite Map Service to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server using ArcPro

02-13-2024 05:23 PM
Labels (1)
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

Hello -

I am currently working to get all of our services republished from ArcPro instead of ArcMap. I am importing the existing mxd into ArcPro and my plan was to use the Overwrite Map Service tool and be on my way.

I am getting an error message- of course it doesn't have any sort of number or description (see screenshot). so I am struggling to figure out what the heck is wrong here. I can successfully run the Save As Offline Service Definition successfully. I can then delete the existing service in Server Manager and upload the .sd file.

for giggles, I tried to then do the overwrite to this newly created service from the same aprx that I created the .sd file from and I am still getting the non-descript error message. What the heck am I missing here??! 

VanessaSimps_0-1707873515258.png

Thanks in advance for any insight here! 

Vanessa- 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Vanessa - I'm seeing similar Esri Support Services that were resolved by creating a new ArcGIS Server connection via the workflow here and then they were able to successfully connect and overwrite services.  Create a new connection and repeat the workflow again.  What is the result?  Same or different result?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @Robert_LeClair - it turns out we had an issue with our the install of the latest patch for Pro. Once I got this resolved, and then made sure to refresh the connection to the services I was able to successfully publish without this error. I wish this error would have been a tad more descriptive so I wouldn't have had to spend so much time trying to figure out what the heck was going on! 

0 Kudos