Error Messages While Creating a Package

10-27-2022 07:58 PM
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

Hi Community;   A new problem. I am trying to create a Project Package while in Pro 2.9.3 before upgrading to Pro 3.0.x.    I get to the stage of analyzing the package and get error messages. All 5 are the same message. "00001 Map does not have layers". However, the specified Maps in the Project have plenty of layers. And in one case the specified Map does not exist. It is only a layer within an actual Map that is part of the Project.

The solution in Help says to add a layer to the empty map. But the Map is not empty. And in the one case what is being called a Map is not a Map in the Project, it is only a layer within a Map in the Project.  This is quite mysterious. And I cannot create a package until are errors are fixed.    Dave

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From

Share a project package—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

what options did you use?  like, retain History? 

Others have had success making a Map Package rather than a Project Package 

anything that may reference an older state of the project

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

Options used include Toolboxes and History items, but not share outside of organization. And set to save package to file as a ppkx. Also had something like 13 attachments that are jpg's. I'll look into a Map Package.   Thanks;

Dave

0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

I looked into exporting the Project as a Map Package. The Help instructions say to go to the Share tab under Project and click on New Map Package. And following the tiny little hieroglyphic icon that looks like the Project icon in the Package Group.........there is nothing called New Map Package. Clicking on Project in that Package Group under Share takes me to the same old Pane for Package Project where I get the cryptic layer error messages..  So...?????    Dave

0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

I am hoping someone will have some suggestions on this topic!!??!!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You will have to try to do something different.  First step, dump history and toolboxes from the build and see if there was/is something in there that is causing issues.

Since a flood of other comments seems lacking, perhaps a call to Tech Support would be in order.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan;   I gave this a go and turned history and toolboxes off.   No change.  Thanks;   Dave

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi @DavidGray1,

Is it possible that you have other maps in your project that do not contain layers? On the Catalog pane and under the Project tab, under Maps – can you check to see if all your maps have at least one layer?

JonahLay_0-1667500595916.jpeg

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

Thanks for some input JonahLay;    I checked and all maps have at least 1 layer, usually quite a few. 

Dave

0 Kudos
DavidGray1
New Contributor III

No solution.

0 Kudos