Export a map series: all pages export to PNG

Jump to solution
11-22-2023 04:33 AM
Labels (1)
MoritzSchilling
New Contributor III

Will it be possible in the future to export all pages of a map series to for example PNG format?

As described in the online help this is to date only possible when exporting to PDF format. So if i need a map series in PNG format, I have two options: export to PDF format and batch convert (externally, more or lass, fast but additional software required) or exporting each page of the map series to individual files (time consuming).

The german help page for "Export map series" states, "Wenn Sie *derzeit* in ein anderes Dateiformat als PDF exportieren, z. B. PNG, wird nur die aktuelle Seite der Kartenserie exportiert.", which translates to, "If you are *currently* exporting to a file format other than PDF, e.g. PNG, only the current page of the map series is exported.", suggesting this could be different in the future.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MoritzSchilling 

The ability to export a map series to TIFF, JPEG, and PNG formats is available at version 3.2.

See - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/data-driven-pages-arcgis-pro-map-series-should/idi-p/...

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MoritzSchilling 

The ability to export a map series to TIFF, JPEG, and PNG formats is available at version 3.2.

See - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/data-driven-pages-arcgis-pro-map-series-should/idi-p/...

Tom

MichaelRobb2
New Contributor II

This is great news if this feature is available in version 3.2, thanks @TomBole .  I was going to say that there is a Python solution which I have used quite successfully in the past.  There are a few posts about it on here, see below example.  It might come in handy, if for example your organisation won't yet allow you to update to 3.2.  

ExporttoPNG Python for MapSeries - Esri Community

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Great suggestion @MichaelRobb2 . You are correct - not all organizations will update. Python is a good option.  Thanks for adding this to the post. 

ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Moritz.  Not an answer, but a follow up question related to your experience.  Do you find that the quality of the PNG degrades when exporting to PDF then to PNG externally.  Relative to directly exporting to PNG from ArcGIS Pro. 

Much appreciated,

Zach

0 Kudos