Export table with only visible fields

08-30-2017 09:51 AM
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm trying to export tables with only the columns that are visible, and the numeric formatting assigned to those columns.

It doesn't seem to matter which export method chosen (Table View>Export>Copy Rows GP, Table To Table, etc), they all seem to export all of the fields and do not honor the numeric column formatting?

I simply want to generate an X,Y,Z file without any other columns... Am I missing something very obvious here?!?!

Warren

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

While executing Table To Table—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop , you could delete the unwanted fields from Field_mapping (Optional) parameter.

Think Location
WarrenMedernach

Thanks Jayanta, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be working as expected, as I only had the required fields in the Output Fields selected, and it still exports this OID field... 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I think OID field will go out by default because the expectation is you might want to differentiate the features.  There are coding solutions using numpy, but I guess you have to decide how inconvenient it is to have the extra baggage and whether you can just delete what is superfluous once you use it elsewhere.

shan_sarkar

OID, OBJECTID will always be exported as that is the default indexed system generated field when ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro is involved.

~Shan
0 Kudos