Exporting to PDF - Error when Printing

02-02-2020 03:11 PM
KurtYoung
New Contributor

I'm having issues when exporting a layout to PDF and then when printing, lines between the vector data of only one layer seem to be appearing for some reason. I've included some screenshots below.

On-screen PDF - No issues at allPrinted PDF - Random lines are being printed

The image on the left is the PDF opened in Adobe and seems to be all good. The image on the right is the printed copy.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and some workarounds? I'm printing a lot of map series and converting to image makes the files way too big so trying to find another way of keeping the size down without having this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Kurt

Tags (1)
1 Reply
AndrewHarrell
New Contributor

I don't have any answers but might have a related issue. This seemed to change when converting to v2.5. After I export a layout to PDF (vector), and print, all of the vector line work AND line types goes to a similar thin and continuous style. The color is maintained. This also happened when I exported the file to AIX, made some edits to linework in Adobe Illustrator and printed that result. 

Example image attached, please excuse the blurriness and the color conversion of the printed version:

Yes, the workaround is to export it as a raster PDF but I'd rather not to help with file size, keeping the line work clean, and using the line work in other post-processing software (ex. Illustrator, Rhino, etc.). I only have one printer to test this on, so it could be the device. If you think that is the case, is there a typical Printer Property I should try managing? 

0 Kudos