Fields View errors out in ArcGIS Pro 2.1.1

02-01-2018 01:09 PM
mhoffman6
New Contributor III

I have the latest version of ArcGIS Pro 2.1.1. When utilizing 2.1 I could view the fields tab. With the latest version that is now delivers an unknown error with no explanation. I am currently going to uninstall 2.1.1 and roll back to 2.1 and see if it works again. Does anyone else have an issue with this? Error pop up

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

I just upgraded to 2.1.1 as well, and have no trouble opening the fields tab (right click / Design / Fields) for an ordinary Feature Class stored in a File Geodatabase.

However, I noticed you are attempting to open the fields tab for a Geometric Network. What happens if you select an ordinary Feature Class?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Same as Marco... no SDE, just File Geodatabases stored locally... hopefully narrowing down the field of issues

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It isn't entirely clear what exactly you're clicking on... in Catalog View, you have a Feature Dataset selected.  There is no Design > Fields option from the right-click context menu for a Feature Dataset.

Can you provide repeatable steps to generate the error?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
mhoffman6
New Contributor III

So here after some testing here is what I found. The Table to Domain tool in ArcGIS Catalog can corrupt the created domain during its construction thus causing the error in  the fields tab. I had to hand build the domain from the table and this allowed the fields tab to work. I have let a solutions engineer at ESRI know about this issue. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

mhoffman6‌ Can you message me who you spoke with?  If it was determined there is an issue that needs to be fixed, we need to make sure that gets to the development team.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
mhoffman6
New Contributor III

Kory,

I talked to John Sharrard last week and let him know about it. I also sent him an email about it as well. I am just waiting for a response.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you.  I'll follow up with John.  Cheers

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I wanted to check in again on this one to see if you can share steps and/or data that will reproduce the issue you're experiencing.  That would be important for us to understand if there is an issue that needs to be fixed. 

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos