Get around the graphics layer 10MB size limit

12-21-2022 07:32 AM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any way to get around the miserly graphics layer 10mb size limit?  I have several hundred graphic objects in a badly corrupt mxd that I was able to import into Pro in isolated 23 lots of 20-40 graphic objects at a time.  So they're all sitting in Pro now in their own 23 separate map tabs (because that's where/how the import function places them) and I need to copy them into the main map tab which has all the other data in it.  Try to copy one into said tab and I get "Map graphics exceed maximum size limit of 10MB.  One or more layers cannot be added."  Well how did this graphic layer I'm trying to past get put into its own map tab if its too big for Pro to handle?  It makes no sense, the 10MB limit problem doesn't exist when importing (otherwise how could it import them in the first place) but does when copy/pasting to different map tabs?  All I want to do is take an existing graphics layer in one map tab and paste it into another, how can I do this?  Going back and reducing the size of the hundreds of source file sizes would take as long as doing the entire thing manually so that's not an option, plus the source rasters are already simple lines & fills and are pretty small, 10-100k range on virtually all of them.  So I also have no idea why Pro is getting 10MB from any one these 23 lots of 20-40 small graphic objects up to +10MB

0 Kudos
0 Replies