Help! I can't figure out the easiest thing. I need to find out what district my members are in.

03-01-2024 12:46 PM
KirstenPutman
New Contributor II

I am simply trying to use a shape layer to show my legislative districts with addresses for my organization members. I've tried everything I can guess to get this to work. I thought I found it, but then it was computing for 12 hours with no result. I'm not a mapping professional. Is there another program that would be easier? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Kristen,

Could you please specify which software you're currently using for your mapping project?

thanks,

0 Kudos
KirstenPutman
New Contributor II
Im using ArcGis Pro, although I have no idea what I'm doing, so I can use whatever makes sense.
0 Kudos
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Could you please provide more details about the data you have for the addresses of your organization members and the legislative districts? At a minimum, we would need:

• A list of addresses for your organization members in a format that ArcGIS Pro can read, such as a CSV or Excel file.
  • A shapefile or feature class containing the legislative districts.
0 Kudos
KirstenPutman
New Contributor II
[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/zip_16x16.png]AMENDED FINAL DISTRICTS 2022_GIS-Ready.zip<>

I appreciate any help you can give me. This is so far outside my wheelhouse. I am forever humbled.
0 Kudos
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Sure I'd be glad to help out with it.

It seems the URL you shared isn't working. Could you possibly upload the zip file and send it to me, provided it doesn't contain any private or confidential information?

0 Kudos