Help with configuring attribute table specifically the field PopupInfo in ArcGIS Pro after being brought in using the tool KML To Layer.

06-23-2022 01:26 PM
AdrianRamos80
New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Adrian Ramos. I need help with the pop up information being displayed in a layer's attribute table. In the KMZ file and in the ArcGIS Pro map the pop up's display correct. However, in the attribute table they are not coming up right. They come out coded/compressed together with html<... a> etc. This also happens with another project I am working on it has <style type ='text... I have the excel spreadsheet (csv and xlsx) with the site locations. The below image shows the attribute fields and Popup Info is where the problem lies. Not showing the data cause it private. 

AdrianRamos80_0-1656014807420.png

I want it so that the information is spread across the attribute table and not in one specific field. Would I have to do this manually or by coding? Or is there a specific tool or process I can do to fix this? I tried coding but the following did not work. It did nothing. Extracting attributes from KML descriptions - Esri Community . This may be because it is set for ArcMap not Pro. 

I have the longitude and latitude points in a spreadsheet with other information/fields. I imported it into Pro, displayed as X and Y, set the environments, used the Layer to KML tool in Pro and even the KML to Layer tool but the same result persisted. I just want to copy the KMZ file as it is displayed in Google Earth and in the pop ups in Pro and have it displayed correctly in the attribute table in Pro and not as one field with all this code/data that makes no sense.  

Thank you,

Adrian Ramos 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Had this issue a few weeks back and just went to this website.

Dropped my kmz in, clicked next a couple times and came out with full expanded attributes.

Not sure if it will work for you, but saved me a ton of time.

R_

0 Kudos