Help with Exporting high resolution PNG (300 dpi) map with Living Atlas Multi- Directional Hillshade Layers in ArcGIS Pro

01-04-2020 01:33 PM
ChristianPrzybylek
New Contributor II

I have been having trouble exporting a map that is using two hillshade layers (I am using two for a design effect) and was hoping to get some advice. The problem is two-fold: 1) it takes anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to generate a .PNG file (roughly the same for other file types). Maybe it’s because there is a lot of data, but it seems too long to wait for a small area. There are no additional labels, limited text and the other shapefiles are small sizes. 2) when the map finally does export, there are entire blocks of the hillshade that don't export with the map, leaving white blocks of missing areas. I have tried caching the images, saving as layer files (which I now understand doesn't work with Living Atlas layers), using a mobile hotspot instead of the wifi network I am on, and using different file formats with no success. Any tips for faster exporting? I don’t want to export below 300 DPI. Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies