Help with opening tutorial data in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
11-23-2023 08:22 AM
PeggyChen
New Contributor

Hello! 

I'm a new GIS user and I'm trying to do some tutorials I found online. I'm currently trying to start this one: 

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/model-coastal-inundation-impact/ 

However, whenever I download the .zip file as the article instructs, I can't open it in ArcGIS. As the tutorial instructs, I download it, and then open it through the "open a new project". 

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 11.00.12 AM.png

When I click it, it gives me this: 

GIS_help.png

Even though when I go through my files, it is clearly displayed: 

GIS_help1.png

I also tried just straight up going through the files and clicking on the project file, but none of the other data in the folder carried over. I just clicked on the "Inundation" file: 

GIS_help2.png

When I did so, all the data in the Inputs.gdb, etc. were all gone, which makes sense, but I still don't know how to open it in GIS. 

Any help would be appreciated :). Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure that you have extracted the contents of the Avedoere_Inundation.zip file to a folder on disk by right clicking on the zip file in Downloads --> click Extract All --> extract to a folder on your hard disk. Then open the Project file from the extraction location.

Note also in the documentation that the tutorial requires the following:

• ArcGIS Pro Advanced
  • ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure that you have extracted the contents of the Avedoere_Inundation.zip file to a folder on disk by right clicking on the zip file in Downloads --> click Extract All --> extract to a folder on your hard disk. Then open the Project file from the extraction location.

Note also in the documentation that the tutorial requires the following:

• ArcGIS Pro Advanced
  • ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension
PeggyChen
New Contributor

Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos